Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Aug. 23 2007 - Missing China



After spending 10 months in China and making some really great friends, it is difficult to accept that I will most likely never see them again. When I left Canada in October, there were some sad good-byes, but none that were forever. More of a "See you later". Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be home again, but saying "Goodbye Forever" to so many wonderful people is something that will stay with me for a very long time. I don't think I've ever been in a "Goodbye Forever" type situation. Certainly not with anyone I've been close to.
I am lucky to have met the people I met and to have experienced (most of) the things I did (public toilet experiences excluded!). At times, it wasn't easy living so far away from everything and everyone I knew, there were times when I really couldn't wait to come home again, but looking back, I think the experience may have made me stronger in some ways. Plus I learned a few curse words in Chinese that may come in handy someday.

With email, MSN and the internet, it is pretty easy to keep in touch with many people. But of course, it is not the same as spending time together. I miss teaching, I miss the English Loft and I miss taking pictures of things that are normal in China, but strange in Canada. Of course I still email and MSN with some of my friends there - I've also convinced a few of them to join Facebook - but it's sad to know that it is almost impossible for the majority of them to visit me here.

Strange Sights in China

Alcohol + Robby, Luc & Amber


Random Fun in China




No comments: