Wednesday, October 8, 2008

June 8 2007 - Dedicated to Doctor Tony


My friend Tony has been giving me the evil eye for not updating my blog lately. So I apologize to him. I don't really have a lot going on right now. Next week, I have final exams at the university. I will have a 5 minute conversation with each student (108 to be exact) and determine their grade. My last exam day is June 20. On the 24th, my brother Robin is flying to Beijing for a week. We are meeting him there. The plan is to spend a few days in Beijing, a day or two in Xi'an and then we have a few days to play around with. I think it will be a good trip - we've done some research on what to see and do. Some friends have also been to Beijing and have given us advice. He flies back to Canada on the 1st and we will come back to Zhangzhou.
At the Loft, we are still teaching the adult classes twice a week. I really like teaching my students, because it's not frustrating or disappointing. The book we have is excellent - it's current, fairly easy for the students to relate to and fun. I hope that Karen will keep it open after we leave - but that is up to her.
I've been busy selling clothes, purses, wallets, etc via Facebook - if you're on there, please add me and check out my goods - time is running out to shop!
I've already started sending boxes home to myself - I'm shipping them via ground, so I'll see my things in two months or so. I'm trying to figure out whether or not my old job at Siemens is still available - if not, does anyone have a job for me? Hahaha.
I'm thinking that July 9th will be the day we leave. Fingers crossed.

No comments: