Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nov. 1 2006 - The Tall Chinese Man wants me to teach CHILDREN!!!

So it looks like I have my first freelance teaching job. Mr. Hong (THE tallest Chinese man around) wants me to teach English to his children. He has an office about 5 minutes down the road from my apartment, which is where I will be teaching. Max and I went there for tea Tuesday afternoon and worked out the details. In addition to his children, some of his friends will be sending their kids as well. I told him I would teach a maximum of 10 kids twice per week. Sunday morning from 10-11 is my first class. One of my students (Richard) from school is going to come and help me. Because these kids do not know any English and I do not know any Chinese, she will be the translator. And I'm sure that I will be picking up a lot of Chinese through this class as well.

No comments: